HWUM James Watt PhD International Awards in Malaysia: Heriot-Watt University is pleased to announce the HWUM James Watt PhD international awards to brilliant students in Malaysia. The university is now accepting applications for the academic year 2021-2022.
The educational program is open for Malaysian and international students who want to undertake the PhD degree coursework at the university.
Heriot-Watt Institution was established in 1821 as a public research university. It is Malaysia’s first green campus university, and it offers a variety of degree programmes.
Why would you like to study at Heriot-Watt University? You can develop your profession by gaining new skills and talents, strengthening your trust, and learning more about yourself at university. Students will have the option of learning in a number of settings, including on-campus taught programmes and part-time online study.
- Application Deadline: August 31, 2021
- University or Organization: Heriot-Watt University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Awards: Full tuition fees and a generous stipend
- Number of Awards: Up to six
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and international students
- The award can be taken in Malaysia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Malaysia and worldwide.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in sustainable world development and address three key topics in Malaysia, including:
- Assessing the impact of positive education in the higher education sector
- Achieving Net-Zero emissions through sustainable and smart technology
- Developing a sustainable ageing society through the provision of future welfare, high-quality services, and innovative solutions
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Candidates must hold a first-class undergraduate degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a standalone Master’s qualification must have achieved a distinction.
- Prior to applying, candidates must have made contact with a supervisor at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia who has agreed to supervise them in their selected research project. Please review the James Watt PhD Positions– Research Projects (below) with Supervisor’s Contact page for more information.
How to Apply
- How to Apply for the HWUM James Watt PhD International Awards in Malaysia: For grasping the opportunity, students have to take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the university. After that, they can complete the online application form for this funding position.
- Supporting Documents: You will require you to provide:
- Degree transcripts for undergraduate and Master’s study
- CV with two referees and their contacts (at least one should be an academic referee)
- A personal statement (max 2 pages), which must outline your academic and research achievements to date, indicate the research project that you are applying for, and explain why you are interested in this project and what are your career aspirations post-PhD)
- Admission Requirements: Students must have to check the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: Students require IELTS 6.5 overall* with 6.0 in each element or an acceptable equivalent (see here).
- Students for the interpreting and translating languages programmes must have IELTS 7.0 with 6.5 in each element.
Successful candidates will receive the following financial support for up to 36 months:
- Full funding for tuition fees
- A stipend of RM36,000 per annum to assist with living costs
- A consumables/professional services fund of RM5,000 per annum.
- A programme of workshops and events delivered by Heriot-Watt’s Research Futures Academy.